A free guide to exam prep resources
Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2005
- Verify prerequisites.
- system requirements for all editions.
- For Enterprise, the minima are:
- CPU: 600 MHz if 32-bit or 1 GHz if 64-bit
- OS: Windows Server 2000 SP4 or Windows Server 2003 SP1. 64-bit requires 2003 x64.
- RAM: 512 MB
- Disk: 350 MB
- .NET Framework 2.0
- .IIS 5.0 or later (for Reporting Services)
- IE 6.0 SP1 or later
- One of the installation disks handles checking for and installing software prequisites.
- Upgrade from an earlier version of SQL Server.
- Installing and Upgrading to SQL Server 2005 by Robert Pearl
- Setup and Deployment by Marcin Policht.
- Sachin Samuel's step-by-step upgrade from 2000 to 2005 w/ screenshots.
- Create an instance.
- Configure log files and data files.
- Configure the SQL Server DatabaseMail subsystem for an instance.
- Choose a recovery model for the database.
- Configure server security principals.
- Configure database securables.
- Configure encryption
If you know of more resources which should be listed here, please email a link to me. I very much appreciate other resources to study and will be sure to acknowledge you on this page.