If you're reading this, you know the story:
And now, Microsoft doesn't support VB6! .Net has taken over, like it or not!
Conversion to a supported technology is not optional. If your business is to run as well tomorrow as it did yesterday, that Visual Basic must be converted!
- Has written and maintained VB6 code. The best VB.Net or C# programmer will be at a disadvantage without VB6 experience.
- Is willing to do more than merely run the conversion tool packaged with VB.Net.
- Knows what really needs to be upgraded manually (think data access) and what probably doesn't (think form layout)
- Understands that sometimes a full re-architecture plan is neither necessary nor cost effective
- Understands that other times that full re-architecture plan IS
appropriate. A lot has to do with the amount
of future development that is anticipated
I continue to support and upgrade more Visual Basic code that I care to think about.
Please contact Black Locust Software so I can serve you.
When you get your VB6 converted, you need someone who: